This season is quite hectic for me. Had to switch between school, anime, reading, drawing, and other things. I didn’t watch too many shows this time ’cause there hasn’t been anything interesting to me as of late. I could catch up to one or two shows from this season if I don’t have anything to watch for Spring 2019. Anyway, here’s my recommendations! Note: Anime in Bold is my personal preference.
Recommended Anime To-Watch
- Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) – Despite the mixed reception, I want you to give it a chance. Are you into non-linear narratives? Heavy dialogues? Context clues that’ll only make sense after you see the connections? The show that inspired the Monogatari Series and similar light novels with common elements? If you’ve liked any of those, this one’s for you. The general audience seems so used to their usual shows they watch on a Sunday morning.
- Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru / Run with the Wind – I’m happy to see that it’s being recognized now. I’ve watched few sports anime and this is the first time I’ve seen one with a memorable cast. You get to relate each character in one way or another. The rare aspect is the show giving enough screentime to each member of the team where the supporting character aren’t even left behind!
- The Promised Neverland – This was the first Shounen anime I’ve kept up with since I don’t know when was the last time I watched one. Yeah, you read that. I’m not into the Shounen demographic because of repeating elements and other reasons. I could’ve talked about why I liked this one but it’s already been covered by other people. Be careful of spoilers by the way.
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War – Behind all of the memes, there’s a show with a goal of having the main couple becoming together. Yet they don’t do that at once. Kaguya-sama takes a different spin and creates a storyline step-by-step. It is seen in the second half of the first twelve episodes.
If You Want Something Different
- Kakegurui×× – This is my popcorn entertainment. If you want to turn off your brain and watch girls get wild and gamble, this is the show. Season 1 was popular but this Season 2 didn’t due to Netflix. If you want to watch it, there are other sources online. The internet is vast.
- Gotoubun no Hanayome / The Quintessential Quintuplets – Another wild card for me. I didn’t watch it from the start but I’m getting some good reception after the latest episode. This is your normal harem anime but people say it’s not your usual harem. Granted that I did watch some similar anime before, I may look up to it.
Looking for other recommendations?