Things got resolved quickly. But at the same time it didn’t. What was the point of having another stalker? If things were to be okay in the end they should’ve focused more on what’s happening in the background. It was a decent episode, yet it feels too late to have this mini arc.
There was even a new character introduced here which will have a role in the remaining time this anime has. With these visible flaws at this point I currently doubt how all of this would pay off in the end.
The most intriguing part in the entire episode is the buildup behind-the-scenes. Tao getting an offer by Hamilton and then rejecting it was the one thing I expected him to do. I mean, who would casually give their own work to someone who has different agendas? Right after his rejection Hamilton still doesn’t want to back down. Telling him that he will be of use one day is so blatantly clear. But no, the episode wants us to enjoy the next performances in the second half.
Funnily enough, it took place in the same music festival but the audience’s reactions remained the same. Recycled footage, repeated stills, and having us thinking that we should enjoy the songs. I’m nitpicking here, but the performances are good at least. If I would to choose which, it’s Carole and Tuesday. Angela’s collaboration with Ertegun was too all-over-the-place even if that was the point of the song.
I’m now left wanting to know what’s the relationship between Ezekiel, the new character, to Carole.
- Episode 1: Getting into the Music
- Episode 2: New Opportunities
- Episode 3: Challenging the System
- Episode 4: Taking the First Step
- Episode 5: Finding a Home
- Episode 6: A Rough Performance
- Episode 7: Talent, the Old Fashioned Way
- Episode 8: Competition is Tough
- Episode 9: Singing Your Heart Out
- Episode 10: The Breaking Point
- Episode 11: Interfering the Wrong Way
- Episode 12: Back to Where it All Started
- Episode 13: Rivalries and Drama
- Episode 14: Bittersweet Moments
- Episode 15: Seeing the Signs
- Episode 16: Falling Down and Looking Back Up
- Episode 17: Connecting the Dots
- Episode 18: Too Much to Absorb