It’s almost the end of the decade and there’s still some anime songs not available through legal means. Ah, the struggle. From what I could gather, majority of anime songs found in most digital outlets typically have the opening and ending themes. It’s rare to have any insert songs or even releasing the full soundtrack. Unless if you live in Japan where you can get the physical copy by either CDs, DVDs, or if you’re willing to spend, Vinyls. But no, I’m limited to streaming and (may be) downloading someplace else.
Songs from anime tend to have a distinct vibe, where it can create a beat from the things you least expect from. Some may end up as a meme or be the most memorable part in the entire series. And it’s even okay if one show wasn’t that good except the song was the only thing you remember left. I do know some series, but I won’t be naming those. Here are the songs in my playlist where I listen on repeat (in any order):
- Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari (Monogatari Series)
- found & lost (Banana Fish)
- Fiction (Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii)
- Bite (Megalo Box)
- Ref:rain (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni)
- here and there (Kino no Tabi 2017 series)
- DREAM SOLISTER (Hibike! Euphonium)
- Parallel line / Heikousen (Scum’s Wish)
- Caste Room (Classroom of the Elite)
- Serendipity (Flip Flappers)
- Re:Re: (Erased)
- Raise Your Flag (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Everyday World (Oregairu Season 2)
- Flyers (Death Parade)
- Hana no Iro (Hanasaku Iroha)
- Azure (Monogatari Series)
- Renegade (Gangsta.)
- Kiss Me (Carole & Tuesday)
- Wild Side (Beastars)
- Suisou (Stars Align)
Okay. I think that’s enough. Maybe. So much songs can be condensed into one big playlist mix yet only a handful of them will be played over and over. I do this everytime. This list is still incomplete if I remember correctly, there’s so many songs to choose from in this decade. There are some songs here that somehow gives you a rush of nostalgia just because you haven’t heard it for so long.
I can tell that there is one song or any song that you can think of has a big impact to your life at one point. The meaning may change, but the melody and the moods that brings it won’t be. Even the ones who compose them have no idea what it could bring once it is heard. But who knows.