It’s raining outside of my home. Late into the night where it was supposed to be calm and quiet. Somehow, I wanted to get a cup of hot chocolate and let the raindrops fall. If I could, I would start preparing a ham and egg sandwich to complement the moment. And have two slices of bread smothered with a side of butter and toast them on a pan.
But that time will be done in another time. Why? ‘Cause I got another award again! Maybe this calls for a hot chocolate too? Technically I’ve been tagged for other awards for some time and I never gotten the chance to respond to them. If you happen to get the notification by now, I’m sorry for delaying it for so long. I miss doing these kinds of posts for a while especially the season has just started and I’m still waiting for my awaited shows to air.
I got this award from Lina and she’s one of the most fun bloggers I’ve interacted with recently. Also I do hope she’ll have a speedy recovery along the way. What’s also different with this award it was created by the bubbly Pinkie! The goal is simple: promote healing and safe spaces. I can see why even in this state of chaos. We need to be more mindful and let ourselves settle.
- Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even YouTuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor, or someone who taught you a valuable lesson. Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory to a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, A Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
- Put on your rose-tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact, you are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)
- Tell about a person you love
I will tell you about this guy who I used to be classmates with back in high school. He and I studied in an all-boys Catholic school. We talk about pop music and do exchanges of what our favorite songs and artists are. Along the way, we understood that each person has a specific taste and it’s hard to change one’s opinion. I have my own preference, he has his own. Anything related to school we always complement each other and the results were great most of the time. If either of us feels down or makes a mistake, we try to encourage each other. Why? Our own flaws are part of who we are. Oh, and there’s a sprinkle of anime discussed here and there. Usually it’s BL stuff since he’s into the fluffiness of BL over the hardcore Bara I discussed in a series of posts before.
Now that I am now in college I still make an effort to reach out to him every now and then. He’s studying Psychology while I’m doing Multimedia Arts. It’s not as frequent as it was before, but the trust is still there. I somewhat remember that he said to me as I was like a light or somewhere between that line of thought. It made me feel glad because my efforts have made a long-lasting impact, even if it’s for one person. While I’ve made new connections by going into another chapter in life, it doesn’t compare to the one person I’ve met when I was younger.
- Tell us something about a piece of music that you love.
This is going to be a bit tricky. While I mainly listen to pop music and some anime music too, I can’t pick! Okay, I’m going to tweak this a bit. Do albums count? It’s music anyway here goes.
Rainbow (2017) by Kesha.
I used to think music can be enjoyed by only individual songs. After hearing this from start to finish, I never have heard songs the same way again. A string of sounds forming a body of work giving an overall message of empowerment, forgiveness, self-worth is much needed for me. I heard this when I was at my lowest while the storm had passed. I never really knew where I could go from there, while I still have time in college. I bawled my eyes out while hearing the album on a highway on a clear sunny day. When the album was done, I felt like a clean slate, ready to take on what’s coming.
It also made me more critical of how I could enjoy music in general. While I can enjoy some on its own, context and purpose can feel different once placed in an album. J-pop or most anime songs don’t do this however, but at least I can vibe to it. Music is enjoyed by everyone regardless of background.
- Write something about yourself that you love!
Through time, I noticed I am quite direct in what I say. While I get this cannot be agreed by everyone, I try to understand and let them give way for their own voice to come in. Also, it’s rare for me to actually get a genuine compliment in real life for what I do. I got this from someone in college I’m acquainted with and it made me feel shocked for once. This gave me another chance because I got time to turn a new leaf. While it is slow, I am going to trust the process. Just taking it one step at a time. Who knows what’s waiting for me?
I didn’t answer all of the prompts because I don’t know what to say. Sorry since I can’t answer everything. And I had fun writing this for a breather because online classes is another beast of its own. Mind you, I’m almost there graduating but it looks like it’s going to wait. At least I can do what I have right now. Now if only the Summer 2020 anime could pick up sooner… ‘Til next time.