What a waste of a potential show. I can’t believe this episode just threw out many possible ideas and it’s all for naught. Even worse, only now some forgotten characters came back only to fill the void. If it weren’t for the Mars Brightest talent show, this anime could’ve gone to a different direction. Also where’s my Angela spin-off? Her song was the saving grace but it might be the last one to make way for the 7 Minutes next week.
Now I get why almost every episode always starts off with a 20-second narration by Gus. That amount of time could’ve gave way to more details we haven’t seen here. But no, it seems they kept going in circles for the second half until a decent ending is in sight. You want to know why I haven’t started talking what actually happened this episode? There’s little to talk about here. Basically, Carole and Tuesday made a secret meeting with other artists (including Spencer and Kyle) to set up for the final performance. Dahlia went to the afterlife, Tao hacked cyber security, and adding salt to the wound is seeing Valerie (yes, her.) realizing she’s being a puppet to Jerry all this time. The good thing (at least) is Kyle pointing out to Spencer for being a naive rich son. So much for the political buildup.
While the show wants us to see the two girls in the spotlight, my eyes are on Angela. I’m already expecting the 7 Minutes to be a good one ever since they keep teasing it from episode 1. It seems they can’t decide who to go for. There wasn’t a balance and they somehow purposefully kept their rivalries too far apart. The time they did cheer for each other is when Angela arrived at the hospital. Her cry for help was pretty much a sign of realizing she can’t move on her own until Tao actually came.
Once the final episode comes, this show may end up being an anime lost in the sea of seasonal shows. But there’s good music, that’s for sure.
- Episode 1: Getting into the Music
- Episode 2: New Opportunities
- Episode 3: Challenging the System
- Episode 4: Taking the First Step
- Episode 5: Finding a Home
- Episode 6: A Rough Performance
- Episode 7: Talent, the Old Fashioned Way
- Episode 8: Competition is Tough
- Episode 9: Singing Your Heart Out
- Episode 10: The Breaking Point
- Episode 11: Interfering the Wrong Way
- Episode 12: Back to Where it All Started
- Episode 13: Rivalries and Drama
- Episode 14: Bittersweet Moments
- Episode 15: Seeing the Signs
- Episode 16: Falling Down and Looking Back Up
- Episode 17: Connecting the Dots
- Episode 18: Too Much to Absorb
- Episode 19: Sidetracked in the Wind
- Episode 20: Things are Getting Serious
- Episode 21: Calm Before the Storm
- Episode 22: A Haunting Result